Get a free quote
If you have questions about our services, plans, or pricing we are here for you. Fill out the form below and we will communicate with you by email (and of course provide you with a free estimate).
FEBRUARY 01 2022 /
What do you think of when it comes to Fall? Is it the start of football season? Pumpkin-flavored-everything? Crunchy leaves underfoot? No? How about aeration and overseeding? Yeah?! That's what we think of, too!
Aeration and overseeding are lawn maintenance techniques used to revive fescue grass after long, hot summer months. Unlike bermudagrass, fescue does not repair itself so aeration and overseeding are necessary in order to bring it back to life.
Charlotte experienced record-breaking heat this summer, leaving fescue lawns essentially destroyed from heat stress. But have no fear, Killingsworth is here to rejuvenate all dead lawns!
This process is typically executed starting the first week of September through the last week of October.
How to prepare your lawn before Aeration and Overseeding:
- Mow lawn as short as possible
- Mark irrigation heads with flags
- Mark invisible fences with flags
- Kill off any weeds
- Water your lawn for 10-15 minutes 3 times a day for 2-3 weeks
- The cores of your lawn will break down
- Germination will be complete in 2-3 weeks
- Wait about 3-4 weeks to mow your lawn
- Mow your lawn at 3 1/2' height
For best results, schedule a service with our lawn care experts to help you maintain a beautiful lawn all year round!