How To Create Your Own Fly Traps
Raise your hand if you hate flies! Us too!
They are annoying, noisy, dirty, and have a bad habit of harassing you all day. Create your own fly traps to place around the house and get rid of those pests once and for all. It's super easy and quick to do!
Supplies You'll Need:
- Empty plastic bottle
- Scissors or knife
- Some sort of sweet liquid: fruit juice, apple cider vinegar, red wine, or sugar water with red food coloring (flies don't go near clear liquids)
Flies have a sweet tooth and will be attracted to the sweet scent and fly right into your homemade trap. They won’t be able to find their way out and will eventually die in the bottle. Once you’ve collected a good amount, just throw it away and create a new one if necessary!
And while you’re taking care of those flies, get rid of the mosquitoes too! Check out our pest removal services, and take advantage of our service specials!
- Cut the top, narrow section of the plastic bottle with your scissors or knife.
- Fill the bottom section of the bottle halfway with the sweet liquid of your choosing.
- Take the top half of the bottle and invertedly place it on top of the bottom section.
- Tape the outer edge to hold it in place.
- Place it in an area where you see consistent fly action (garbage bags, sink, etc).