Exciting news – Killingsworth’s Pest Defense Card is now up for grabs online! Get ready to level up your pest protection game with a bunch of cool features:
- 🐜 Get the lowdown on Killingsworth’s Anticimex SMART Pest Monitoring System.
- 🔑 Score keychain hangers with details on common ticks in Killingsworth’s service area.
- 📏 Arm yourself with a measuring tool to spot those tiny gaps rodents love.
- 👀 Learn to tell flying ants apart from flying termites with visuals and descriptions.
Ready to snag your FREE comprehensive pest defense card? Just fill out the form here, and it'll be on its way to your mailbox. Knowledge is power, and arming yourself with info about pests while rocking year-long pest control with Killingsworth is the key to keeping your home critter-free.
The Sneakiest Threat – Rodents in your Home
These little troublemakers can wreak havoc, causing damage to insulation, chewing wires, and even posing fire risks. Attic insulation is their preferred nesting spot, impacting your home’s heating and cooling efficiency. Plus, they love messing with your precious heirlooms and clothes stored in the attic.
Here are some pro tips to keep mice and rats from turning your home into their personal playground:
- 🚫 Clear out hiding spots for mice.
- 🌳 Trim plants and trees that think they can touch or hang over your place.
- 🚪 Check and replace damaged entry door bottoms.
- 🔍 Inspect utility penetrations through exterior walls and seal 'em up.
- 🪟 Examine window and vent screens for any holes or gaps.
- 🏡 Seal gaps in siding, especially at the corners.
- 🕳️ No openings larger than a dime allowed!
Let's talk ticks in the Carolinas
North and South Carolina are tick territory, hosting four common species. Brace yourself for the spring and summer tick season! Here's the lowdown on each:
- American Dog Tick: Reddish-brown with gray and silver markings. Watch out for Tularemia and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- Brown Dog Tick: Reddish-brown, turning blue-gray when full. Known for transmitting Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- Black-legged (Deer) Tick: Recognizable by black legs, pale body, and tear-drop shape. Carries Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, and Powassan disease.
- Lone Star Tick: Named for the single white spot on adult females’ backs. Linked to Ehrlichiosis, Tularemia, STARI, and alpha-gal allergy.
Thinking about DIY pest control?
Hold up! It might seem tempting, but trust the pros at Killingsworth. DIY attempts could lead to harm, property damage, or even fires. Killingsworth has your back with SMART technology and experienced Pest Service Professionals, offering 24/7 monitoring, safe solutions, and swift action when needed.
So, arm yourself with Killingsworth’s Pest Defense Card and take those proactive steps toward a pest-free haven! 🛡️🏠
Click here to request your FREE Pest Defense Card today!